Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wow. Just wow.

I was convinced this was something from The Onion, until I remembered that I was reading CNN.com (which is at least somewhat more respectable):

9/11 Billboard Draws Flak from Florida Democrats, GOP

Some guy in Florida has been putting up the billboard below as a way to encourage people to vote for a Republican in November. Yes, that's the enflamed World Trade Center in the background:


The best part is the guy's reasoning for hoping for more Republican leadership in Washington, as quoted in the article:
"I believe 9/11 could have been prevented if we'd had a Republican president at the time," Meehan said Wednesday on CNN's "American Morning."
I mean, I guess I see the guy's point...if Bush had been president on 9/11 instead of Clinton, we could have avoided the attack all together. Oh wait...

No comments: